1-1⁄2 lb. salmon fillet (skin intact)
2 Tbsp. honey (in the store)
2 Tbsp. olive oil (in the store)
2 Tbsp. ground ginger (in the store)
1⁄3 cup orange juice or one drop of DōTERRA Wild Orange with 1/3 alkaline water (in the store)
1 Tbsp. DōTERRA lime oil (in the store)
3 Tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (in the store)
- For marinade, whisk together honey, olive oil, ginger, orange or wild orange and lime oil and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos.
- Arrange salmon fillets in a glass baking dish and pour marinade over fish. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil grill and preheat. (Note: Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid! Aim for medium heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 350 degrees F.)
- Transfer salmon to a platter. Reserve marinade.
- Place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, cook for one minute. (Note: This will kill off any bacteria and make it safe to baste the salmon while it’s cooking.)
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on grill.
- Cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon, basting every 5 minutes. (Note: To check for doneness, test the flesh with a fork. When done, it will begin to flake. If you cut into the salmon, meat should be opaque.)
- Transfer fish to a platter and serve immediately.